Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Catching Up - My week in Albany and 5K PR!

Hey everyone!  Hope you all are doing well, and I apologize it's been a while since I have checked in last, it's been a busy week!

After the Boilermaker last Sunday, my week was pretty packed with social activities in the evenings and runs in the mornings.  I had a creaky 3 miles on Monday following the Boilermaker (my knees and legs hurt a lot!), then a humid 5 miles on Wednesday, and a run on Friday where I finally felt back to normal.



In the evenings I had a lot of fun as I started the week with my first ever jewelry party, then had a celebration "We have new jobs and are moving to cool cities!" dinner with a friend who will also be heading south in August, went out to a baseball game with some of my favorites, and had dinner and drinks out with two other friends on Friday evening.  All in all, it was a fun, but busy week.  I'm trying to take advantage of every moment I have in Albany and with my wonderful friends there over the next few months because it's starting to hit home how fleeting that time is.








In addition to being fun and busy and include beer and friends, it was also a great week as I was able to stay on track with my Weight Watchers points, manage my food and exercise, and finish the week feeling really good about how I did and how I felt.  For the first time I was starting to notice that the past few weeks of eating healthy had been paying off.




I started the weekend feeling really confident and Saturday morning kept that high going because I ran the Saratoga Silks and Satins 5K on Saturday morning and actually had a personal record for my fastest 3.1 mile time!!!!  I finished the race at 25:10 -- which is a 22 second PR from my 5K last August that I did in 25:32.  I was really proud and happy for how I did.  The race was a last minute sign up and I was really happy that I did it!



I liked the course, but the race itself wasn't my favorite as I didn't think it was super well organized.  Nobody knew where the start line was and the mile markers were way off along the course.  However, I had been in the mood to run a 5K and my time for local races is running low so this was a great one to do!

The busy-ness of the week continued on Saturday as I went right from the race to Jess's Blueberry Brunch where I picked a bushel (almost) of blueberries and got to spend some time with friends before heading up to New Hampshire for the start to a week of vacation with my family!



Lake Waukewan family vacation is really something that deserves its own post so I will work on that next.  I'm still there and blogging from the Lodge (where my family stays) while a vicious game of "Loaded Questions" goes on around me so I'll go back to family time and return to check in soon.

In terms of how things are going -- well it's been a blast but I've also pretty much gone off the deep end in terms of eating healthy.  I am pretty unhappy with my inability to stay in control but am at least keeping up my activity level with a 10-mile run on Sunday, 3-miles on Monday, and two kayak trips and lots of swimming today!

I'm so happy to be on vacation and spend time with my family and take a break from work.  Plus, we finished the annual family music video and I think it might be one of the best ever!  Cannot wait to share it with you!!  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment